Monday, May 4, 2009

You're Having Two Babies!

We had a crazy crazy weekend, with one activity after the next...Can I take this week off to recover?

Friday night Forrest's cousin, Julia, spent the night with us. She took the MCAT on Saturday so we fixed her some brain-food for dinner and made sure she was in bed early, haha. We decided we are the perfect house for a calm night if you need to go to bed early!
Saturday I went to a Junior League 'Super Saturday' meeting. The meeting lasted 6 hours!!!! I had so much fun meeting new people and learning about what's in store for us this year. It reminded me of the good 'ole days of being in Chi-O. Girls always know how to make meetings (even long ones) fun. Just provide me with snacks, goodies, presents, and plenty of breaks to chit-chat and I'm happy! There are over 100 new members this year, so there are plenty of people to get to know. We have all been split into smaller groups based on where we live. I love my group. Most of the girls are my age, some younger and some older. Most have kids too, so the advice was flying this past weekend, especially with suggestions for a pediatrician. I got home Saturday afternoon and took a quick, much needed, 30 minute nap....which felt like 2 minutes! Forrest probably needed a nap too. While I was socializing it up at Junior League, Forrest bought our first lawnmower! I think it took him longer to buy the lawnmower than to actually mow our yard! We are slowly discovering that every month brings a new yard project due to something falling from the trees: pollen, fruit, tree branches, leaves, pecans. It's a ton of work! After nap time, Forrest and I headed to the Thompson family ranch out in Seguin for the annual Dewberry Festival. Unfortunately, with the lack of rain this year, we didn't have many dewberries. But we still had plenty of fun with the horseshoes and washers tournaments. Forrest and I placed 2nd in washers!!! Even being a little off balance from the belly, and I'm still excellent in washers, haha! We decided to drive home that night (we usually spend the night out there with everyone) because I was getting up at 6:30am Sunday morning to cheer on the triathletes!!! We got home around 11pm and spent 30 minutes bathing Duke, he had rolled in cow manure. Thanks Duke.

My mom, sister, aunt, Kelly, and Jaki kicked off the season with their first triathlon Sunday morning in Newbraunfels at Texas Ski Ranch. It's the perfect first triathlon - not too crowded and really easy for spectators. Forrest didn't make it, he enjoyed sleeping in. Or maybe he was avoiding facing the reality of his upcoming triathlon. My dad and I were back and forth trying to watch each of them in each event. I think most of the triathletes got to know us, we were the loud people on the side lines - one pregnant, snap happy with the camera and one in plaid shorts offering Vienna Sausages (yuck) to anyone needing protein! So exciting and super exhausting. I know the athletes swimming, biking, and running were probably super tired too, but being pregnant in the heat and standing on my feet for over 3 hours exhausts me (plus the weekend hadn't exactly been relaxing)! Doesn't it sound like my weekend should be over by now? I haven't even gotten to the story that explains the title of this blog.
That afternoon Forrest and I went shopping for a crib, for a bike, and for groceries (successful with one out of the three, the groceries). We came home for a quick nap (I love naps these days) and then walked down the street for a neighborhood party! We got to meet all our lovely neighbors. There are a ton of kids, especially boys, on our street. I was talking to one mom and her little girl, Ana (probably about 4 years old). The mom explained to Ana that I'm having a baby. She put her hand on my belly, slowly realizing that the baby was in my belly. Then she put her other hand on my boob (another bump to her), and said, "you're having two babies!" Forrest and I couldn't stop laughing! It was precious! Not to mention, we are sitting around with all these people we had just met and I have a kid's hand on my boob.

Here are some pictures from the triathlon. Everyone did awesome! My mom placed 4th in her age group!
Before the race!
Kelly in transition!
Happy Smiles at the finish line!

1 comment:

Courtney Squillante said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE the two babies part!!!! hahahahahahaha