Friday, May 8, 2009

My Job Today

Tonight, Forrest and I are hosting a crawfish boil for his work friends. We've never done this before! I've been researching online, doesn't seem too difficult. My job today is to keep the mud bugs alive. They came in two sacks, in two coolers, with ice at the bottom. I was told to keep a wet towel on top of them and the cooler lids open so they could breath. Every hour I've been checking on them, to make sure they are alive and cool. I decided, as backup, to google the care of crawfish. Oh No!! Apparently they can drown and will for sure die if they sit in a cooler with melting ice! I went outside and the ice was completely melted, surrounding the sacks of crawfish, drowning those poor mud buggies. I immediately dumped out the water and poked at the little guys, one claw, reaching through the netting, gave me a little wave as he hung on for dear life. I think we're in the clear, crawfish are still alive and hopefully it will be a successful boil!

No comments: