Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Shoo Fly!

The crawfish boil was a success! Way to go Forrest! It was truly a gourmet boil, not only did we have corn, potatoes, and sausage boiling with the mud bugs, but we also had mushrooms, onions, garlic, lemons, and asparagus. Pattie, my sweet mother-in-law, was a huge help in prepping all these goodies and even assisted Forrest in the purging process! Batch after batch, people were here till almost midnight. I will say, I'm glad crawfish come and go with the season because I can easily go another year without having to eat another one...let alone try and keep them alive for the day!


One small glitch in the crawfish process, they attract flies! So many flies! We are still dealing with the aftermath. With so many people going in and out of the house Friday night, somehow, we trapped dozens of flies inside. Duke and I have been chasing them throughout the house all week, but they seem to multiple. Gross!