Thursday, May 14, 2009

Seeing Stars...or is it Stripes?

My mom knows me pretty well. I think she could hear the stress in my voice yesterday. We have the longest list of To Do's before Baby T arrives and absolutely no free weekends. We need to put a new door on the baby's room, paint, buy/assemble a crib, clean out the baby's closet (where we have been storing our winter clothes), buy/install a dishwasher, buy a rocker, and the list could go on and on. I'm sure everyone's To Do list is never-ending when expecting a new member of the family, thank goodness for family and friends who volunteer to help!!! So, my mom decided to come in town and paint our walls! YAY! She arrived yesterday and we went straight to Home Depot to get our paint, supplies, and hopefully some design tips. We didn't just want to paint the walls, we wanted stripes! How hard could it be? After our Home Depot trip, we decided to visit Sugarplum Dreams (adorable baby boutique) to add a few items to the baby registry. By this time we were hungry (the triathlete was in need of some carbs) and headed to a great Italian restaurant. Home by 6:30pm, plenty of time to draw our lines on the walls to make stripes, right? Not so much. Stripes might be an easy task for a new home not located in the hills of Alamo Heights. We quickly found out that our 1940's home is not level. The task was daunting to say the least but with two levels, two pencils, four hands, a calculator, a ladder, a step stool, and some tape -- we figured it out and were in bed by 11pm. This morning was step #2 -- painting! I'm not allowed to be near it, so we opened some windows in the room and my mom got started. The painting is the easy part and only took about 2 hours. I think it turned out pretty well, but you tell me!

Carefully Measuring

I was in charge of the tape! Time for the paint!
All Done!!!!

8 comments:

Courtney Squillante said...

Oh my gosh! It's precious! Baby T will LOVE it!

ryeager said...

The stripes are too cute! Don't you just love Moms . . . they always know when we need a little help!!

lauren said...

SO SO cute!! Turned out great!

Cara Jaggers said...

Perfect!!! Just like you wanted... Baby T is going to love his new room!

Courtney Robertson said...

Love it!!!!

Kelly said...

SOOOOOO precious!!! I can just see little Baby T in there now!

Unknown said...

i am so impressed!! i looks wonderful!!! SO STINKIN CUTE!! wish i could have gone to help!

Melissa Ruffino said...

Oh my goodness, that is too cute! I cannot wait to see it, and of course you, baby T, and perhaps Forrest (debatable):)