Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Meet Coach K

Last night I was getting a little stir crazy. Working from home isn't always the easiest thing because I find myself sleeping, eating, and working in the same place day after day. I usually try to break up the day with errands and walks with Duke. Yesterday I was too swamped and time flew, before I knew it, Duke and I had been in the house all day and it was already past 6pm. When Forrest walked in the door I told him we had to go out to dinner. So we did, we went to this great, casual, little place called Cappyccino's! Yummy veggie burgers! Afterwards we decided to head to Borders to get Forrest a new book (I'm still working on Twilight). As we walked in the door we noticed a HUGE crowd. There was a book signing. Immediately Forrest was in line, with a book as he realized it was Coach K. I, on the other hand, had no clue who this guy was. I sorta recognized him, but had to get filled in. He's not only the Duke Blue Devils men's basketball coach for the past 29 seasons and not only the US men's national basketball coach of the Olympics, but he's also the Depuy (Johnson & Johnson) spokesperson. Depuy is the distributor Forrest works for. Apparently Coach K has two Depuy hips in him! The line was pretty long, so Forrest decided to drive home and grab a few of the Depuy brochures that actually had a picture of Coach K on the front, hoping he would sign these too, and he did. We really enjoyed meeting him...what an accomplished guy. You can read all about him here: http://www.coachk.com/



Forrest with Coach K





Signing the Depuy brochures

1 comment:

Courtney Squillante said...

Sooooo stinkin' cool! I LOVE him!!