Saturday, June 11, 2011

Fest Out West Part 5: So long to the west

I didn't realize how long I was gone until I starting writing the 5th Fest Out West blog post. I'm sure you're all ready for me to get back to writing about Davis!

Our long journey home was pretty similar to the one taking us to Lajitas. Bus, train, and car. This time we were all a little bit sleepier. And this time we were more prepared for the cu cu's on the choo choo. Immediately when we sat down and the train started moving, a lovely (bit-outspoken) lady from our car stood up to announce that certain bodily functions needed to happen downstairs. I'm not going to quote her exactly. Off to a great start. Maybe next time we will book the sleeper cars. Our train ride home we spent sleeping, playing cards, enjoying the views outside the window, and scarfing down some delicious steak!

I'm not sure how to put this in words...but if you ever get the chance to go to Fest Out West(hopefully this becomes an annual trip) or MusicFest in Steamboat (if snow is more your style), GO! You can go to concert after concert, but you'll never see Texas music quite like this.

Now I'll leave you with a few pics from the beautiful Lajitas resort and a couple from our train stop in Alpine, where we trekked it a couple blocks in the scorching heat for a limeade and a chicken sandwich from Sonic.




1 comment:

music fest 2013 said...

steamboat is really a nice festival. the line up of this festival is really awesome. i am a great fan of these festival. i will definitely attend this festival in 2013.
music fest 2013