Thursday, September 1, 2011

No School Mama

Tuesdays and Thursdays are school days for Davis, he goes from 8:30am - 2:30pm. They attend chapel, have snack, do arts and crafts, have playground time, listen to music, learn spanish (hola!), have lunch, take a nap, read a book, and then they are dismissed! I seriously wish I could be a fly on the wall, especially for chapel. How they get my child to sit still for 25 minutes is beyond me!

We are into the second week of school and the drop-off is starting to get a little better. The first day he didn't realize I was going to leave him, so there wasn't too much crying. He was excited to run into his classroom and start playing with the toys. The second day was HORRIBLE. On our car ride to school he kept saying, "No school mama!" He remembered that I left him and immediately started crying and clinging to my arm when we walked into the room. It didn't help that all the other kids were crying too! I left him as quickly as possible because I knew the longer I stayed, the longer he would cry. Did I mention I had tears too?

This week we started off a little better. I took him early to school so he could play in the courtyard with the basketballs and tricycles. He held tight to my finger as we walked into the classroom and his chin did a little quiver when I told him good-bye. When I turned around to look back through the classroom window, I could see he was already having fun and playing with the other kids. Sigh of relief.

And because no post is complete without a picture...

No comments: