Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Naps & Snacks

I am absolutely loving Davis' new school, St. David's! Davis on the other hand is still warming up to the idea.

The school is very small, so in just a few short weeks everyone knows everyone! I feel like, not only for Davis, but it's a great transition into big-kid-school for me. It's only two days a week, so packing lunches and dealing with backpacks isn't too overwhelming. Also, since it's not mandatory, it's so laid back...miss a day, running late, no biggie! The pressure is off! At least for a couple years!

Some days Davis squeals his teacher's name (Empy!) with excitement, and others he tells me, "no school mama." When I ask him what he did at school, he will sit there and think for a long time, then say, "nap school." I ask him, what else did you do at school, he thinks again, and says, "snack school." Yep, two most important things, a nap and a snack!

The school has a website, which makes it so easy to stay informed. But my favorite part is that the teachers post pictures of the kids!


Once when I asked Davis about school he told me, "choo choo book." I love knowing that he was really talking about a book at school! Here's the proof!

Now I know why they told me not to send him dressed in his nice clothes. Surprisingly, he still comes home fairly clean!

1 comment:

Courtney Squillante said...

Adorable pictures! I love his response to school- typical boy :)