Tuesday, June 12, 2012

"This is Cute!"

They say kids say the darndest things, well Bill Cosby always said that. And they do. I try to file away in my memory all those little conversations Davis and I have...I never want to forget...

When 7am rolls around, I hear, "Mom! Mom! Mom!"
From my bed I yell back, "Yes Davis?"
Davis: "The sun is up. It's wake up time!"

Me: "Capeesh?"
Davis: "I want to go to the beach!"

Me: "2 more minutes Davis, then it's time to go home."
Davis: "How about 4 more minutes?" as he holds up 5 fingers.

Anytime we are leaving the house, Davis will say, "I have an idea. I know. How about we take Duke with us!" They are the best of friends.

I recently bought a new pair of neon pink running shoes.
Me: "Davis, do you know what color my shoes are?"
Davis: "Pink!"
Me: "Yes, these are HOT pink."
Davis runs over to feel my shoe. "These are not hot."

And my favorite. Forrest says I have created a monster. When we go shopping, Davis will grab something - anything - and say "This is cute, this is cute for you Mama, this is cute for you Dada." Apparently I say the same thing when I shop. I hadn't noticed.

1 comment:

Courtney Squillante said...

He is seriously adorable!!