Monday, June 11, 2012

Out of Towners

I don't want crazy people to come break into our house, so I won't say exactly when we are out of town, but lately we have been gone most weekends. Most weekends except this past weekend. Forrest and I are addicted to leaving town and making plans. Plus, our house is on the market so it's easier to leave the house nice and clean and let strangers walk through it, go through our cabinets, and leave dirt trails.

Have I mentioned our house is on the market? It's insane. The week after we put the sign in the yard, 4 other neighbors on our street (our street is only two blocks) decided to also put their houses up for sale. For those of you not doing the math, that is 5 houses for sale on our street. 4 of them, very similar in size and price. If you're in the market for a 2-1 in a charming neighborhood with a beautiful shaded backyard, leave me a message! So for the past couple of months I've been windexing little hand prints off my windows, moping the floors, vacuuming the carpets, and putting away toys DAILY. On average, we have about 5 showings a week. And this is how it goes down:

-My phone is always by my side because it's just a courtesy call, they aren't asking to show the house, just telling me when they will be there.
-Sometimes I have to be out of there in 20 minutes, so I've become very good at throwing junk in the trunk of my car.
-Duke and I spend a lot of time at Starbucks because it's the only place I can sit outside with a dog and get wifi so I can keep working. It's getting a little hot to do this.

And in particular, this past weekend...we had 2 showings on Friday, 2 on Saturday, an open house Sunday, and as of right now...I'm sitting at Starbucks while we have 3 showings today!

Bottom line, we should have left town and I'm SO ready to sell this house.

No comments: