Friday, June 8, 2012

Quacking Ducks: Part 2 of Texans in Boston

After a late night stuffing our faces with pasta and gelato, we slept in the next morning, till 10am! Amazing. I never sleep in. I just can't. Even sleeping till 8am is considered "sleeping in" to me.

We quickly realized we needed to get a move-on. Katelyn whipped up a fabulous breakfast of fresh fruit, granola, yogurt, and english muffins. Coffee in hand, we headed to the Museum of Science to catch the Duck Boat Tour. Quack-tastic! Great way to see the city in just a couple short hours. The accident back in 2010 (that Kelly enlightened us with as we were buying our tickets) has not hurt business. If I had seen these images before stepping aboard the duck, I might have opted to stay and tour the Museum of Science with all the kiddos.



Some of my favorite things about Boston are in this post. For being such a huge city, it actually feels small to me, in a quaint charming way. My Boston favorites include: the many many parks and trees, shopping on Newbury, oysters and lobsters, and all the red, white, & blue (hello history)!

After getting a quick overview of the city by Duck Boat, we started walking on Charles Street, making our way eventually to Newbury to have lunch and shop! We made a quick detour through Cheers (everyone did not know my name) and stopped at the park for a photo op!


Somehow we managed to sleep in, tour the city, and shop with enough time to spare for a little nap and a shower for all before making our way to dinner at Legal Harborside. Best. meal. ever.




Our last day was a quick one because we had a plane to catch. Kel wanted to be at the airport about 5 hours before take-off, but Katelyn guaranteed us we only needed an hour and a half at the airport. So we enjoyed our morning breakfast (except for the masshole waitress, who we decided was maybe under some kind of influence, so maybe not a masshole, just on drugs) and headed over to Harvard where we wanted to surround ourselves with smart people. I almost walked into admissions and asked for an application.


We quickly found the most important man on campus, John Harvard. You are supposed to rub his foot for good luck. I rubbed his foot many many many years ago while on my college tours through Boston my Junior year in High School. Lotta luck it did me. I'm pretty sure I didn't hear back from Harvard. After googling the importance of his foot, Ady, you need to go back...only his left foot is supposed to be lucky!


While there, graduation prep was going on. I can only imagine what a gorgeous ceremony they had...



A lovely weekend was wrapped up as we all headed to the airport. Back to the husbands, back to the kids, back to work, and back to the heat. Thanks Katelyn and Pat for hosting us and showing us your favorite places in Boston. We will be back!!!! 



1 comment:

Courtney Squillante said...

Love it!! So glad you guys did this and had so much fun!!