Thursday, May 26, 2011

Gearing Up

Here we are, just a couple days away from the Cap-Tex-Triathlon, and I'm WAY behind on my training. I was on track until the week of the Skeese Greets. I'm not exactly sure what happened, it might have been an injury from the actual race or maybe my weight lifting class, but I injured my neck causing two weeks of tension headaches. Scale of 1-10, 10 being the worst possible pain, that is where I was. I woke up with a headache and went to bed with it. Nothing worked and I tried them all from Advil to Excedrin. So for two weeks I was on pain meds, in and out of the doctor's office, and laying on a heating pad. To say I'm way behind in my training is an understatement. Yesterday was my first swim since the Skeese and today I'm headed to spin class for the first time in 3 weeks! As an update to my health, my neck is 90% healed and the headaches have stopped (thank goodness!!!!). I debated doing the race on Memorial Day, but in the end, decided to just go for it, take it easy, and realize this might not be my best race time.


This year, we have a big crew doing the race. Both my parents and my sister will be racing! My cousin, her fiance, and a couple of their friends are doing it too. Kelly (pregnant) will be on the sidelines cheering on her husband and her brother.

If you're interested in coming to the race, the after-party, or want to sign up for your own triathlon, visit my sister's blog. She has all the info on how to train and what you'll need. If I can do it, anyone can!!!

I also wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to all our supporters out there and those who have donated to the Mark Felice Childhood Cancer Fund. We are only $800 away from reaching our goal of $5,000!

No comments: