Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Those Things Don't Come True...

My best friend Kelly got married back in January 2008. Her mom's side of the family is from Louisiana and in the deep south (especially in the state of Louisiana) they love the tradition of incorporating cake charms into the wedding celebration. So at Kelly's bridal luncheon they served a beautiful and very delicious cake overflowing with cake charms (or cake pulls).


It's a neat tradition and was really fun seeing what charm everyone pulled from the cake. Some got charms indicating exciting travel in their future, like the Eiffel Tower charm or an airplane charm. Others found an engagement ring or a heart charm at the end of their ribbon, indicating love and possibly marriage! And what charm did my hand of fate pull for me? A baby pacifier! I'm not a superstitious person, and I know this because I ended up throwing the charm away. I can't believe my cake charm actually predicted the correct future for me! I wonder if the other girls are taking amazing vacations and falling in love after picking their charms?


No comments: