Monday, June 15, 2009

Nursery Update

Baby Thompson's nursery is the first room I've ever put much effort into. Don't get me wrong, I love to decorate, but I prefer to skip the hassle of painting and hanging curtains. So far, this nursery has stripes on the wall and curtains (sort of...I'll explain in a bit). Of course I didn't do these two activities on my own, I have my parents and Forrest to thank for the help.
I think nurseries require a little more effort because there is so much planning involved for the unknown. I've thought through each drawer and basket carefully. I've already washed all his tiny little clothes, blankets, and burp cloths.
You have already seen the stripes, they turned out great! The curtains are another story...we have drapes and a valence. I've never done the double rod thing before so when it came to picking out the curtain rods, I made numerous trips to different stores trying to find the best and least expensive double curtain rod. Finally, after picking these out my parents and Forrest attempted to hang them. Before even getting the boxes open, I realized I bought the wrong size! Another trip back to Bed Bath & Beyond! Then after measuring where the rod should go and drilling a hole, the flimsy plastic wall anchors bent when Forrest tried to put them in the wall. Another trip back to Home Depot! And of course, there is one more trip that I need to make, back to Pottery Barn! I measured wrong and bought curtains that were too short. This is exactly why I don't hassle with decorating a room to perfection!
How many people does it take to hang curtains?

Even the dogs were there for the excitement!

Duke & Barley

Hopefully pictures of a finished project will be coming soon!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

This picture of your Dad reminds me of the Mosher dorm move in!!! HA!! Happy hanging :)