Tuesday, June 30, 2009

H-O-T

I haven't blogged in a few days, trying to avoid complaining...Texas is having record breaking temperatures this summer. I think we've had 15 days of straight 100 degree weather with no relief in sight. Summer is usually my favorite time of year, I prefer being hot any day over being cold. This summer is a little different. Duke is suffering too. I think we have figured out how to stay out of the heat as best we can...

1) Duke and I take our daily walks at 7am
2) The AC is set to 72 and we have accepted paying a high bill this month
3) Limit any errands to before 10am and after 6pm
4) Take advantage of the pool!
5) Get rid of extra blankets on the bed

Hope you're all finding ways to stay cool and enjoy the summer!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I feel your pain. Or at least I did when I was pregnant with Kate. I clipped the newspaper headlines so I could show her some day - 34 days over 100 degrees.

You sound like you have a plan so stay cool.

Love, Sara