Friday, November 1, 2013

Trick or Treat

Emma enjoyed her first Halloween. She indulged in plenty of chocolate,  via me. 

Davis also had a great day...starting out with Spooky Chapel at school and the Spooky Parade. In chapel, the kids learned that while they might see scary things that night (ghosts, witches, and monsters), there are people in their lives that love and support them. So sweet. They sang a couple Halloween songs, but my favorite was watching them sing and dance to "The Monster Mash!" 

I brought the kids lunch that afternoon and we played some Halloween games like pumpkin bowling and pin the nose on the pumpkin. Davis came home with me after lunch and was ready to trick or treat right then and there, it was 1pm! I distracted him with some Halloween crafts and we played some games, that helped get us to 3pm. Then it was time for Captain America to get ready!!

Spooky Chapel and Spooky Parade

Captain America to the rescue!

Super-hero shield! 


We met up with our neighbors and made it around the block. It didn't seem like that many houses and somehow Davis came home with an entire bucket full of candy. 

Every year, my favorite part is when we get home, sit on the porch and hand out candy. Davis loves it!

Davis used his glow-sticks to point other trick or treaters towards our house, "come to my house guys!" He looked like he was directing planes for take-off and landing! Then he would meticulously count out three pieces of candy per person. If ever there was a lull, he asked me, "do you think we'll get more customers?"When we ran out of candy around 8pm, I said, "well, Halloween is over." Davis said, "Great, so tomorrow is Christmas?" 


No comments: