Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Ole Holiday Market

I volunteer with the Junior League and every year since joining the league, I sign up for the Ole Holiday Market as my placement. More than 200 merchants come set up booths for the week and each day during the week we put on different events/parties! 

The months leading up to the event are spent planning parties, getting merchants, advertising, getting donations, and much much more. This year I was co-chair for all the events: Sneak Peek, Tween Fashion Show, Girl's Night Out, and Pajamas and Pancakes. Hours and hours are spent during the week of Ole setting up, decorating, coordinating, etc and this year was a little more challenging being on my feet all day while being 7 months pregnant. 

Our event is in October, so trying to twist in a little Christmas cheer is always a challenge. So we went with "Christmas Ole!" Bright fiesta colors decorated Christmas trees! 

My favorite event this year was Pajamas and Pancakes! It was our final event (yay for wrapping it up) and I got to spend time with Forrest and Davis (who I had barely seen all week!!). Kids came in their pajamas, did science experiments with the Children's museum, ate pancakes, painted, and sat down for story-time with the author of the cutest book, Good Night San Antonio. 

Painting with a Twist


Story-time with author of Good Night San Antonio

Davis and Jack

No comments: