Monday, February 27, 2012

Drumroll Please....The 84th Oscars!

How many mindless hours in front of the TV can I stand? Even DVR can't help me get through the hours of red carpet fashion and the actual award show itself (only to cut off Meryl Streep's thank you's at the end). I used to really enjoy the SAGAs, the Grammys, the Emmys, the Oscars, and the list goes on and on. But recently, these Sunday nights of famous people are getting old.

In Oscar's defense, maybe I wasn't excited to watch because I had only seen ONE of the movies nominated, The Help. We rented Moneyball one night a couple weeks ago, but I fell asleep. This movie-going-behaviour really isn't like me. I love love love the movies, especially the popcorn. But we never go anymore. Such is the sad sad life of parents who don't want to get a sitter and don't want to spend $30 to see a movie.

The highlights for me were Ellen's JCPenny Commercials (I actually stopped DVR to watch those) and the Cirque du Soleil act!

No comments: