Thursday, February 16, 2012

Nutrition Action

I have little time to read. In fact, I can usually only get through a book or magazine if there is a plane ride involved. BUT I'm here today to tell you about a quick read that I get once a month and LOVE.

It's called Nutrition Action.

Why I love it: It's only 15 pages, comes once a month, and is cheap to subscribe to.

What did I learn in the latest issue: 1) Avoid BPA by cutting down on your use of canned goods. 2) Having too much iron in your blood is linked to higher risk of diabetes. 3) Juice is scamming us! Yes, juice beats soda, but the sky is no longer the limit even for nutrient-packed juices. 4) Don't believe labels like "antioxidants, fiber, and DHA." And much much more!

I'm not trying to sell you on something, obviously I'm not reaping any benefits. I just thought I would share an easy read and some nutrition insight. For me, I'm always surprised when I think I'm being healthy and then find out, I'm actually not. It's all about getting the right nutrition education. Enjoy!


2 comments:

Sarah said...

I totally eat this stuff up! I wonder if they ship to Canada. Thanks!!

Caroline Hutton said...

We get that too and I love it! Love that it is short and tells you things that you can actually do something with.