Thursday, November 26, 2009

Baby Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope everyone is enjoying time with family, tasting delicious food, and watching tons of football. Last Thanksgiving, Forrest and I told our extended families the exciting news about the upcoming arrival of Baby Thompson. The Segers (Forrest's mom's side) spend Thanksgiving in Beeville, so we headed there first. We stood on the front porch with the entire family standing around (close to 50 people) and Forrest yelled, "We're having a baby!" There was surprise, shock, and excitement all around! Then we drove to Houston to tell the Dicksons (my mom's side) and Franceses. After eating our second Thanksgiving Day turkey, the Franceses stood in a circle holding hands, telling one by one what we were thankful for. We handed Grandpa a sheet of paper to read from, "I am thankful because I am about to become a Great Grandpa for the first time!" When we told the Dicksons, a third turkey later, we were also standing in a circle giving thanks. When it was my mom's turn, we let her give the big news, saying she is thankful to be a grandma and my dad threw a little Aggie shirt our way!

A lot has happened in the past year....and so for this Thanksgiving Day, I want to reflect on things I'm thankful for in the baby world! I'm thankful for big blue eyes, a smile full of gums, tiny fingers wrapped around mine, soft sweet noises, big loud squeals, walks, long naps, cozy blankets, early bed-times, morning smiles, grandparents, aunts, uncles, a quiet dog, long showers, rocking chairs, laundry service, 10 tiny toes, a big appetite, a silent phone, swings, slings, the perfect swaddle, pacifiers, chubby cheeks, drool, and two hands for typing!



No comments: