Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Move Upstairs

Our upstairs consists of the playroom, the office, and a bathroom. After a full weekend of moving and redecorating, the playroom and office have been combined. The old office is now Davis' new room! 

I held off moving Davis upstairs as long as I possibly could. Stairs make me really nervous and trapping kids with locks and gates make me really nervous too. While I didn't want him to be coming down the stairs in a sleepy state in the middle of the night, I also didn't want to trap him up there in case there was an emergency. So we leave the stairway light on and we still listen for him on the monitor. 

Maybe you recall my post about non-consistent sleep habits a while back? Well (knock on wood) our problems have been solved! Upstairs, Davis sleeps through the night about 90% of the time. Occasionally he comes downstairs because of a bad dream, but for the most part he sleeps from 7:30/8pm till 6:30/7am. He absolutely LOVES his new room, mainly because of the beanbag chair! 



Please ignore the massive armoire in front of the window.
It was too heavy to move that weekend by ourselves. 

1 comment:

Courtney Squillante said...

Cute!! Glad the transition has gone well!