Monday, June 24, 2013

Destin Part II

Ahoy matey! A major highlight of our Destin trip was aboard the Buccaneer Pirate Ship! Davis loved every minute of it!!

As we stepped foot aboard the pirate ship, I was looking for the life jackets as we smiled for a picture with the Captain. Was I the only parent wondering how we could actually take a boat ride with all these kids and not one wear a lifejacket?

If you have young kids and are heading to Destin, I highly recommend a night on the Buccaneer. The kids are entertained the entire time you enjoy the bar and a sunset cruise! They shoot cannons, have water gun fights, swab the deck, paint faces, look for treasure, sword fight, and do all those other piratey things one does aboard a pirate ship.

Davis is so independent when it comes to these kind of situations. He's not shy at all and loves to meet new people. I have to learn to let go...as Forrest and I stood on the deck above him watching and taking pictures...I had to remind myself he can handle it. He can refill his water gun on his own and he can go into the other room to get his face painted without me. Such a grown up 3 year old!

Finding treasure was Davis' favorite activity of the night. The kids all went below deck to hear the story about another pirate, Captain Blackbeard, who was after their treasure. The kids needed to find the treasure first, of course. Davis came back terrified! Telling me that the "black man" was trying to get their treasure. I immediately realized we needed to make sure we corrected his story, I kept telling him, the man's name is "Blackbeard!!!!"

My favorite part was at the end when the kids danced to the Cupid Shuffle and Wobble. Davis was following along with all the right moves...down down do your dance! Reminded me of dancing on a cruise ship my senior year at A&M...kind of :)

Davis went home with treasure, a painted face, a pirate hat, an eye patch....all while shouting, "we are the crew of the Buccaneer, yo ho ho and a bottle of root beer!" Brainwashing at it's best!

Waiting for the cannons to go off!
Water gun fight!
Papa Tom was in the hula-hoop contest!
Listening to the story about Blackbeard! Terrified? Yes

No comments: