Thursday, April 7, 2011

Room Make-Over

When you walk through our front door, you enter one huge room. Let me do a little bit of explaining when I say "huge." I basically mean, the largest room in our house, which isn't saying a lot since we live in a tiny 2 bedroom 1 bath. This first room has been a puzzle for me since we first moved in. We've re-arranged it in so many ways! This room has many possibilities, but needs to fulfill our needs. It needs to be a second living space, a dinning room, a study, and a playroom. Wow, that's a lot of pressure on one room.

Here's a glimpse of the room...
1. When you walk in the door, this is the first wall you see. The candle sticks, lamp, and side table are all antiques. I still need to find a good shade for the lamp.
2. I found this small love seat at Ballard Designs. I love antiques and if I can't find an actual one, this store usually has the new look alike! The wingback chair on the left was $25 from an Estate Sale.
3. We need tons of playroom space for this kiddo! He can play the piano with one foot in the toy bucket!
4. Our dinning room table is at the far side of the room. This was obviously decorated for Davis' first birthday, but it usually has a centerpiece on it and my computer at one end. This is where I work all day.

After 2 and a half years of living here, I think I've finally figured out what to do with this room! Here are some fabrics I found...so stay tuned and see what you think...

2 comments:

Courtney Squillante said...

Ooooooohhhhh..... Can't wait!!!

Sarah said...

Woo Hoo! Love, love, love this kind of stuff!

Beautiful fabrics! I stalk Ballard Designs too! I've also just been introduced to Horchow. It's probably old news in the US! But I just found out about it and love it!!!