Friday, February 11, 2011

And The Oscar Goes To...

Okay okay, so it's not an Oscar. But it is a BLOG AWARD. And I feel so honored, I really didn't have anything prepared, but I would like to thank Davis for inspiration, my parents for encouragement, my teachers for teaching me how to write and spell, and of course the person who tagged me, Courtney!

When receiving this award, the rules are:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you - Check!
2. Share seven things about yourself - Check!
3. Award ten great bloggers - Check!
4. Contact those bloggers and tell them about the award - Check!

Seven Things...
1) I wear work-out clothes everyday. Working from home means no work clothes. In fact, I have a work trip coming up and have to borrow clothes and go shopping (no complaining here). I don't even own a pair of black slacks!
2) Speaking of working out, it's one of my favorite hobbies and I have a lot of friends that join in on the fun. When triathlon season is here (it's actually a year round sport, but I like to call triathlon season Spring because the water isn't too cold for swimming and it's not too hot to run outside) it's ALL we talk about. If you're around us, it probably gets annoying. I know this because I had to sit a season out while pregnant!
3) I like to cook and bake, but if it has more than 5 ingredients, I usually run the other way. Not because it might be a challenge, but because I don't have the time. If Davis is home, I'd much rather be playing with him. By the time he goes to bed, we need a fast dinner, if not it would be 9pm before we sat down to eat.
4) I like to go to bed at 9:30pm! It must have to do with losing all that sleep when Davis was an infant. I'm either catching up or cherishing it more! Night night!
5) I love REBA. I'm so sad I missed her this year at the SA Rodeo. Somehow Forrest went?!?!
6) I'm reading L.A. Candy right now. It's taking me a while, since I go to bed at 9:30pm. I need an airplane ride!
7) I'm related to Sam Houston's doctor. This is a famous San Jacinto painting, Sam Houston is the one lying on the ground and there is his doctor, my relative. For you history buffs out there (Devine), you probably know a lot more about this painting. I think one of the reasons it's famous is because there is a man who was a spy, but pretended to be deaf. He's holding his hand up to his ear.



Award 10 Bloggers...
1) Cheerios & Milk. My friend Lauren (we call her Watty) is currently living in London and living the fabulous life of world-traveler, not to mention, signing up for just about anything that comes her way. Like a boxing match! Or crossing India via rickshaw. Although she doesn't update her blog as often as I would like (who am I to complain), I really enjoy her writing style, views on the world, vacation stories, and always being able to surprise me!
2) Ordinary Human Life. When I lived in England, I met a friend-for-life and this is her blog. She is married now and also has a little one. Her posts are always creative and exciting to read, especially because her daughter and Davis are just a couple months apart. I also love getting little glimpses of where they live, beautiful sunny California!
3) Two (& a Half) Texans in China. This blog is written by a friend of mine from Chi Omega college days. She has an adorable son and he's growing up in China! What an interesting beginning to his life. I love reading about their vacations, many many plane trips, and interesting encounters.
4) The Michael's. This blog is also written by a Chi Omega college friend. She, her husband, daughter, and baby on the way are a Navy family. I love reading updates on her little one, Aubrey. She has the most adorable pigtails!
5) The Caswell Family. Another Chi Omega college friend. Jenni's little boy is only about a month apart from Davis so I really enjoy reading what he's up to, because it's usually the same stuff we are up to! Plus she has great blogging and photo skills! I'm still learning about all the fun tricks and neat things you can do with photos.
6) All Things Lovely. I don't personally know who writes this blog, but I just love it! It's girly and inspiring!
7) Mom 101. I don't know this writer either, but really enjoy her blog. She blogs about her life as a working mom. Very real.
8) Peanut Butter & Pop-tarts. Another Chi Omega college friend. Yes, another precious little baby to read about in this blog! I love Mindy's style and expression. There is no 'throwing together a party' with a couple paper plates and maybe a candle or two. She really knows how to dress things up and have fun with themes. I love to be inspired by her ideas!
9) Tri-ing for a Cause. This is my sister's blog. She raises money every year for a dear friend of hers that passed away from cancer. I'm so proud of her and all the work she does!
10) Adam and Andrew. Oh these precious twins! These boys are my Godmother Aunt Kathy's grandson's, so in my mind they are my god-cousin-nephews! Make any sense? Truly a blessing and every time I read this blog my face lights up with a huge smile. Adam and Andrew are so full of life and they lead a very fun life, in College Station. They are true true Aggies. They have probably been to more games than any of us! Whoop! They have an amazing story...

I do have a couple other blogs I love to read, but these people have decided to be private, so I didn't want to list them out of respect. You know who you are! :)

Contact Bloggers...
Hopefully most of you receiving this blog honor, read my blog as well. But I guess I can always leave you a little message to let you know. I'd also like to take this time to tell a couple people who read my blog that they should be blogging too! Like two of my friends who are expecting in June, Cara and Kelly. I want those baby updates! And my friend Melissa (who once had a NY blog, but now that she lives in Austin stopped, I'll try not to be offended). Oh and my friend Katelyn, she is so stylish and humorous, her blog would be a hoot!




2 comments:

Sarah said...

Thank you Christina!!! Woo Hoo! :P I'm loving these blogs!!! It is such a great way to all keep in touch. I agree with you, some more girls (ahem) need to get blogging!

Thanks again!!

lauren said...

aww you're so cute!! sorry i am JUST now reading this!! my work computer blocked your blog for some reason :( boo!! I PROMISE I'm going to try and update more often!