Monday, September 20, 2010

Go Crusaders!

This past weekend was my high school 10 year reunion. Somehow Kel and I ended up coordinating the weekend plans, neither of us were class officers. St. Michael's is a small private Catholic high school and we graduated with about 83 people in our class so it was no surprise our reunion was very small. And when I say very small, maybe 10 people showed up. Even with the poor turnout, it was still a fun weekend. I got into Austin Thursday with Davis and Ann Marie was our hostess. She was also my babysitter! It's always difficult traveling and being in a non-baby-proofed place, but we made it work.

Friday night was the football game, which was surprisingly fun because we ran into a few of our old teachers and we got to see the improvements to the campus. Let me correct that, HUGE improvements. They now have a theater, an air conditioned gym (I don't miss PE in the heat), a cafeteria (yes, we used to sit outside on the sidewalk or at picnic tables), and a nice track around the field. Saturday we had a family picnic at the park and that night we met up downtown.

Collin (Kel's husband) and Jack doing a little swinging!

The SMA crew that showed up to the picnic!

Downtown, showing our Crusader pride!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow all I can say is that you are a great writer! Where can I contact you if I want to hire you?