Thursday, September 2, 2010

Barefoot Baby

Davis rarely wears shoes. The only time I insisted on socks and shoes was back in December when we wanted to keep his tiny toes warm. When summer came, shoes seemed like a waste and of course got in the way of crawling and cruising. I tried to get him to wear some flip-flops but he would take them off every time. And now that he's getting close to walking I haven't wanted to put shoes on him because they say (who is they...the experts?) babies should learn to walk first barefoot. Don't worry, for church and other nice events I do dress him with shoes, usually his navy blue crocs (thanks Renee). Well, the other day, he was playing with his box of shoes and insisted I put a pair on him. He crawled up to me with his camo crocs (which just happened to match his camo PJs) and started tapping his foot. They are still too big for him, but I obliged. I figured they would fall right off and he would leave them behind. To my surprise, each time one fell off he would hold it up to me wanting me to put it back on. So precious! Thanks Bina, Davis loves these shoes!!!

Of course, I caught it all on camera:



3 comments:

Kelly said...

So fashionable:) Parker actually walks better in shoes than he does barefoot--go figure!

Mel said...

love it.. dont worry, Zoe has never worn a pair! by the time she was big enough, it was too hot!

Jenni said...

Connor never wore shoes, either, until he started walking! (I am a bad mama...he even went to church barefoot a lot! oops...) Anyway, now that he walks outside a lot, I got him these

They are soft soled, so similar effect as being barefoot, but they protect his feet, and he can't get them off! He brings them to me all the time now when he doesn't have them on!