Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Remember the Alamo!

We had a Francese cousin weekend and spent it in San Antonio! Forrest grilled up some super delicious steaks Saturday night, we played our favorite catchphrase, and we celebrated Michael's birthday. Sunday we headed to Mi Tierras for lunch, shopped the market, and went to the Alamo. It was Davis' first visit to the Alamo and it was also Nick's (our visitor from England!!). I have to say, I was really excited about going to see the Alamo. The last time I went was a field-trip in 4th grade. I can't believe I hadn't been back, especially after living in SA for the past 2 years. I even rented the classic John Wayne Alamo movie to help us all reconnect and remember the story, haha! By the way, that movie is more than 3 hours long, we had to fast-forward to key parts.

Lunch at Mi Tierra's! This place is delicious and I highly recommend it if you're downtown SA. There was so much going on, Davis was well entertained. They have a mariachi band playing favorites like La Bamba. Colorful flowers, lights, and banners hang from the ceiling, providing a ton of distractions for kiddos!



No comments: