Thursday, April 29, 2010

Empire State of Mind

Thank you Alicia and Jay-Z, that song has been in my head all weekend!

I just got back from a fabulous girls trip to New York. Annie had NEVER been so my Mom surprised her with a trip for her birthday. We felt like we did it all, but of course there is so much to do in NY, I don't think any amount of time there is enough. The first day we spent shopping, went to the top of the Rock for a view of the city, ate delicious Italian cuisine, and saw West Side Story. The second day we took a 5 hour bus tour through the city, seeing John Lennon's home, the Statue of Liberty, Wall Street, plans for Freedom Tower, and so much more. I think one of my favorite spots on the tour was the Soup Kitchen restaurant from Seinfeld. No soup for you!

Brooklyn Bridge
The 4th most photographed building in NY, the Apple Store
Annie and Mom and Miss Liberty
American Girl Doll Hair Salon...Crazy...I know!

Top of the Rock, view of the Empire State Building
Shopping!

Resting on a stoop in the West Side
Most amazing tulips!

No comments: