Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Plane Ride

I just got back from New York! It was a wonderful trip with family and I got to spend some much needed time with my best friend Melissa. More posts and pictures about that to come...

But first...the plane ride. Mom and Annie came from Houston, Ann Marie from Austin, and me from San Antonio. We all met in Dallas so we could fly together into the big apple. It was such a fun flight too, we were enjoying our bloody mary's, reading the gossip magazines, and taking plenty of pictures. As we started our decent into the city, out of nowhere, a bolt of lightening hit our plane!!!!! Has anyone experienced that before? I hadn't, so at first I wasn't even sure what it was. There was a huge flash, a spark, and a big popping sound like a firework. My first thought was that a bird had hit our engine, somehow igniting it, and we were headed for the Hudson. I didn't even know there was a storm outside. Ann Marie and I were instantly holding hands and I look over and can tell my Mom is saying the Hail Mary. I have never been so scared in my life. Everyone on the plane was silent and I think we were all waiting for the pilot to say something over the intercom, but he was silent too. Thankfully, we were safely on the ground in 30 minutes.

Google is lovely. When you type in "lightening strikes plane" you will find all sorts of scary pictures of HOLES and burn marks.

3 comments:

Matt, Emily, Tobin, & Heidi said...

Hi Christina! So fun to see your comment on our blog! I never know who actually keeps up with us. Your little guy is adorable...such handsome eyes!

lauren said...

oh my goodness!!! SO glad you guys are all okay, very scary stuff!!! I get to fly over an active volcano tomorrow, looking forward to that!

Kelly said...

How scary!!