Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sunday Afternoon in Gruene

Happy Birthday Dad! We met my parents, Ann Marie, Grandma, and Uncle Jerry in Gruene a couple weekends ago to help my Dad celebrate his birthday. I love Gruene! It's a great meeting spot between San Antonio and Austin and it's perfect entertainment for a Sunday afternoon. We enjoyed walking around town, it was a beautiful sunny day, and did a little shopping. Forrest and my Dad love this one fishing store there. We always go in, talk to the owners, and visit with their precious lab. Usually we have Duke with us so the two pups can play, but we left Duke at home this time. We stopped in for some live music at Gruene Hall (the oldest dance hall in Texas) and Davis got to have his first official two-step with Annie (my Mom). Then we went and ate at the Gruene Grill. Delicious! I had fish tacos and Davis had butternut squash. Davis also got to see his first official Birthday celebration with candles, singing, and all. I think he was a bit scared from all the commotion.

Papa Tom, Annie, and Davis chilling at Gruene Hall...





Davis wasn't sure what was going on...the candles were lit and we were gearing up to sing. Uncle Jerry even pulled out his harmonica. I think Davis was a little nervous, check out his grip on my Dad's arm. Too cute!
Happy Birthday Dad!

No comments: