Monday, July 6, 2009

Summer Reading

I finally finished the well-known What to Expect When You're Expecting book. Informative. Interesting. Thorough. In my opinion, this is the book to get. And if you're laid back about pregnancy, the only book you need. The book NOT to get is, Pregnancy Sucks. And let me tell you why by sharing this lovely quote, "There are no words to describe the pain of a contraction. I guess it would be somewhat like digging your eyeball out with a blunt nail. And I mean a rusty one to boot." Thank you Joanne Kimes for that pleasant picture. Remember the story of Oedipus? I suddenly felt his pain. I read it to Forrest and he made me put the book down, it didn't take much convincing, I was done. If you happen to like horror films and don't mind a negative spin on things, this book is for you. Described as a comedy, I wasn't laughing. Not the best summer reading for me.

No comments: