Thursday, July 23, 2009

Go Ahead, I Deserve It!

Baby T is late and I'm doing my best not to ground him. Is this foreshadowing a lazy, laid-back son? Honestly, I'm not too miserable, so I don't mind waiting another week. I have two concerns: how big he's getting and the fact that we are seriously cutting it close to my own birthday, July 31st. I have always been big on celebrating birthdays and I truly love spoiling people. Why not? Last year for Forrest's birthday we had friends come in town, we enjoyed a fun night out on the town in San Antonio and then spent the next day in Gruene at a beer tasting and listening to some great live music. The perfect birthday weekend! My philosophy is to celebrate as long as you can and as big as you can! So naturally, I have always loved celebrating my own birthday and usually start the countdown July 1. This is where my theory comes in. Baby T's own birth date is getting very close to my own, and at this point, I think I deserve it. Am I finally learning how to share? I think so. Stay tuned, Baby T will for sure be here by July 27th, if he doesn't decide to come out on his own before then. Looks like we are planning a joint birthday party...

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sorry, late does not necessarily equal laid back. My 8 day late one is the toughest of my three and the others were 3 weeks early!

Enjoy the last few days. It gets pretty crazy once they are here!

lauren said...

YAY!! what a fantastic birthday present you are getting this year!!! you may have a stubborn one on your hands, this one does things on his own time schedule! Cannot WAIT to see this boy, you are going to be a fantastic mother, he is a very lucky boy!

GranDeb said...

Hi Tina and fam! Debbie Moriarty here.....perfect timing to read your blog! (Courtney always keeps me up to date!)
It is amazing how many times mothers give birth near or on their own birthdays! Just one example: I am April 26th, Michelle is April 29th, and Courtney is April 30th!!! Talking about joint birthdays!!! hahaha
Have a great delivery today!!!
xoxoxox