Monday, July 6, 2009

*JULY*

July is absolutely my favorite month out of the entire year! There are so many reasons to love July...some being...4th of July, Rockport and Galveston family vacations, hot days by the pool, and Birthday celebrations (not just my own, but that one does play a big role). This July, of course, I have something HUGE to add to my reasons to love July, Baby T should be arriving in about 15 days.

Our 4th of July weekend was super fun and relaxing. We didn't make many plans because we weren't sure how I would be feeling, considering I'm 9 months pregnant. The Dickson (we like to call ourselves the Hicksons!) side of my family decided to celebrate America's freedom on Lake Travis. Forrest and I decided to make the trip to Austin, and we're so glad we did because we enjoyed seeing the family and spending hours floating in the cool water. Not to mention all the delicious food. Robin brought Louisiana gumbo, Papa worked hard on the brisket, and Bon Tons provided kolaches for breakfast! The lake, sadly, is about 50% full right now. Which means crowded boaters, random islands, and snakes! Still, we got the boat out for tubing and even killed ourselves a snake....true Hickson style!


As you can see, we need RAIN!


The SNAKE


My favorite picture. This is my grandmother, Annie, tubing!

1 comment:

lauren said...

HOLY MOLY that snake is HUGE!!!!! eeek, now I have to watch out for not only scorpions at your lake house, but snakes too!! LOVE that your Annie went tubing!! Can't believe you are going to have a little baby boy in a couple of weeks:)