Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Davis' 1st Day Pre-K 4

Davis, today was your first day in Pre-K 4! 

We packed your bag the night before with your school folder, a blanket for "rest time" and a change of clothes. You didn't understand why you needed a change of clothes. I told you it was just in case you got dirty or had an accident. You told me, "but mom, they have bathrooms." 

You were very excited about the first day of school, so excited that you woke up early. You crawled into bed with us around 4:30am and had a hard time falling back asleep. Once you did finally fall back asleep I tried to let you sleep as late as possible. 

Before you woke up, I boiled you some eggs and poured your bowl of Cheerios. I packed your lunch and made sure to use your new Ninja Turtles water bottle. When Duke and I came into your room to wake you up, you jumped up out of bed immediately and you were excited to see the sun was up.

Getting you dressed and out the door was pretty easy this morning, as if you'd been doing it all summer. Taking pictures was also easy! 

We were the first to arrive in the ramp drop-off line and you were excited to see two of your previous teachers already on the playground, Ms Erin and Ms Amy. We sat and talked in the car for about 5 minutes before they started letting kids out of the cars. You told me that you liked your new teacher and you planned on playing all day. You were a little nervous that your new teacher wouldn't have as many fun toys as Ms Amy did last year, but I assured you she would. You also asked me when you would see Sam (your best friend) because he's not in the same class as you this year. 

I can't wait to come pick you up today and ask you all about your first day in Pre-K! I'm so proud of you Davis!