Wednesday, July 17, 2013

20 Weeks

This pregnancy seems to be flying by, well, at least it does now - now that I'm enjoying the 2nd trimester. But let me tell you, weeks 6-10 were hell.

With Davis, I barely felt pregnant. In fact, it was hard for me to believe I was pregnant in the beginning. This time around, the day my phone app dinged and told me I was 6 weeks was the start of 4 terrible weeks. I never physically got sick, I guess I'm thankful for that. But I literally laid on my couch all day with my computer in my lap and I couldn't seem to eat anything but carbs - bagels, toast, potatoes, noodles, and repeat - carbs carbs carbs and more carbs! I was carb loading and unfortunately wasn't running a marathon the next day to burn it all off!

My sweet mom cooked Forrest a ton of meals that I would just set on the counter each day to defrost in time for dinner. I couldn't even open the fridge, the smell was too intense.

Once the morning sickness started to wear off, it was replaced by a whole new pregnancy symptom, headaches! I don't care what caused them...allergies, hormones, etc. I just wanted them to go away. The only thing that seemed to cure the really bad ones was laying in a dark, cool room and sleeping it off for an hour or two.

Enough complaining from me, I just wanted to remember (as I type that, I'm not really sure WHY I want to remember) the first half of this pregnancy in all it's glory and pain. Of course, I would do it over and over again for this baby girl and maybe I should be thanking her for allowing me to eat as many carbs as I wanted. Who doesn't love bread?

I'm not a big baby bump picture taker...and for good reason, I spend most of my day in workout clothes and rarely do my hair and makeup...but I did want to mark the half-way point! So here ya go, a baby bump picture after spin class today:

Baby Bump at 20 Weeks

No comments: