Thursday, October 18, 2012

Another year, another tri!

Fall is kinda the wrap up of triathlon season for me. I'm not one to swim in the cold, let alone jump on a bike soaking wet and pedal through 50 degree winds. Last year, we signed up for a fall triathlon in Kerrville and we had a blast, so we signed up again this year. And this year, we got even MORE people to sign up with us!


This past season for me has been an interesting one, I keep signing up for the races at the very last second. For this one, it was the week before. This means I haven't been seriously training and I've been spending a lot of money on triathlons because waiting till the last minute is expensive!

Weather man, weather man, you done me wrong! The forecast for our weekend triathlon was 100% flash flooding. Cancel the race? Of course they didn't. So we packed up our gear (a lot of gear), cozied up under our rain coats, draped our bikes in trash bags, and went out for an Italian feast the night before...convinced we would maybe be running a 5k in the morning...but for sure not doing a full triathlon.

At 5am, we all received an email letting us know the race was still on! What? We turned on the news and sure enough, there was a blanket of heavy rain throughout the entire state of Texas, with one tiny little hole around Kerrville. Completely clear. You have got to be kidding me! So we headed to the race.


In the end, rain or shine, we had so much fun. We always do! To sum it up...I remember passing my dad while swimming, then somewhere along the way he passed me on the bike, I saw Renee, Robert, and Rusty all running, I caught up with my dad on the run and we decided to stick together and cross the finish line together, Ann Marie caught up with us too!

Davis had a blast too, cheering us on with his loud cow bell and meeting H-E-Buddy at the finish line!


No comments: