Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Time to TRI


Hey Triathlon & Fundraiser Lovers!

It's TRI-ing time of year again.

It sure does sneak up on me each year. I'm already hitting the pool (ok, I've only swam once this year), the bike, and the pavement. Exciting news in the bike department, my mom got a new bike so I'm getting her old road-bike. Love me some hand-me-downs! This means two things, 1) I can't use the excuse "I'm slow bc I don't have a road-bike" anymore and 2) I'm much more likely to get blown over by a tiny gust of wind bc her bike is so light weight!

More important than the working out, is of course our fundraising. I'm so proud of my sister. Each year we've done a triathlon (since 2008) she has raised money in memory of her friend Mark Felice (middle picture in the collage above), who died from cancer at age 17. She's so on top of things, she could run a business! She has a blog with links galore on how to fundraise. She created t-shirts! She has a facebook page! The list goes on and on. If you don't believe me, just go HERE!

Our goal this year is to raise $5,000. What's even more exciting is that Mark's family is going to match that donation dollar for dollar. Do the math people, if we reach our goal, we will be helping families who are suffering from childhood cancer with $10,000!!!!!

No donation is too small!


TO DONATE
OR
Make checks payable to: The Mark Felice Childhood Cancer Fund
Mail to:
            TRI-ing For A Cause
            c/o Ann Marie Francese
            2408 Enfield Rd #212
            Austin, Texas 78703

Please visit our blog for more information about the cause, to buy a TRI-ing For A Cause t-shirt, corporate sponsorship or learn more about donating to the cause.


No comments: