Monday, April 9, 2012

Bunnies, Eggs, & Chocolate

Our Easter was spent in Austin this year with my mom's side of the family. All 25 of us crammed into my parents house on Lake Travis and every minute was jam-packed with fun!

Friday night the young crew (I'm including myself in this group) went to see Yonder Mountain String Band at Stubb's and then headed to Dogwood on West 6th for some dancing. Around 3am, I wasn't considering myself part of the young crew anymore and I'm pretty sure I paid for the lack of sleep the rest of the weekend. What was I thinking?!?! Oh well, it was a fun night out on the town with my cousins.

Saturday was spent lounging in the hammock, grilling, swimming, and dying eggs! Davis especially loved making his eggs green. We also threw in a couple spring birthday celebrations and did a little karaoke!

Easter morning we had 9 Easter baskets waiting for all the kids! The Easter bunny hid about 70 eggs! The kids went crazy running around the house! Davis loved opening each egg before dumping it into his basket. Some were filled with chocolate, which he devoured quickly. Most of the eggs were filled with "chapel money" which is what Davis likes to call change. After hunting eggs, we had a delicious brunch then headed to Church. Davis was so good at Church and loved taking his dollar up to the front to put in the donation basket.

Happy Easter!


No comments: