Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tubes and Other Random Updates

Davis has had a total of 7 ear infections, starting at 4 weeks of age. These usually accompany a fever and some mood changes. They usually don't affect his eating, but he sometimes will tug at his ears and become cranky. We saw the ENT yesterday and I think we are on the road towards tubes, which will hopefully decrease the amount of ear infections over the next year. He's on medicine right now for his ears, so in a couple weeks we are looking at scheduling the tubes.

At Davis' 12 month well visit he weighed 19.5 pounds and measured 28 inches long. Two more inches and we are looking at a new car seat. Any suggestions? I remember buying our travel system car seat and someone at the store suggested we go another route because as soon as the baby reaches 30 inches you will have to buy another one. Their son outgrew his travel car seat within 7 months. They were pretty tall people. We knew, with our height, Davis would at least take a year to outgrow the travel one and, to us, that was a good investment.

Completely random, I love this commercial:

3 comments:

Courtney Robertson said...

Glad to know the ENT appointment went well! Tubes seriously were wonderful for Jack! Car seat wise - we have the Britax Marathon. That thing is wonderful but huge, and if I didn't drive a Tahoe, we'd probably have gotten a smaller model, but still a Britax. I love love love Jack's car seat!!

Courtney Squillante said...

Poor Davis! Hopefully the tubes will help! And I LOOOOOVE that commercial! Anthony and I laugh hysterically every time it comes on!!! :)

Kelly said...

I love my Britax Boulevard. I think we are getting the Marathon for Walt's car. We love the bouelvard!