Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Seriously Fun Wedding

This past weekend we headed to Austin for Matt and Jaki's wedding and the KA Alumni golf tournament. It was a whirlwind weekend of party after party and golf game after golf game (for Forrest). Somehow we survived, a bit tired, but still in good health. Anyone who knows me well, if I'm worn out, I immediately catch anything that's going around and you can usually count me out for the next week.
We started the weekend with my parents at the lake. Davis was a trooper in his life jacket (it's a bit annoying around his chin) and loved floating in the water. My parents thankfully watched Davis for us Friday night and Forrest and I enjoyed a night out. We went to this DELICIOUS, fairly new, European restaurant called Fabi and Rosi. Absolutely wonderful food, especially the escargot and the duck! You have to go there. It's also reasonably priced. After dinner we met up with all the KA boys, as they placed their bets on the golf tournament for the next day. Then we went and met up with the wedding party, who were all out after the rehearsal dinner.
The next day Davis and I headed to the wedding day lunch on the lake. Here's a pic of me following Davis around as we maneuvered the non-baby-proofed house. I was able to keep him occupied with burgers, milk, and bubbles!




The happy bride and groom! I've never seen a couple so ecstatic about getting married and so ready to party! Just take a look at the pics below...you'll see what I'm talking about! All the groomsmen wore suspenders and goofy socks. The party favors were sunglasses, flip-flops, and headbands...which the bride proudly wore all night! There were back flips and gator moves on the dance floor and a ton of silly string as they left!









No comments: