Friday, June 25, 2010

Summer Stuff

About 3 weeks ago, San Antonio had a pretty bad storm (I think most of Texas was hit by it). The winds were crazy strong and the neighborhood trees didn't take it too well. We had a couple branches fall in our yard and on our cars, dents to remind us. A couple trees fell on our street's power lines. Our power was out overnight and all the next day. So I spent that next day working from Starbucks. When I came home, the power was back on, but a few things weren't working properly, one of them being our wireless router. And here we are, weeks later, and it's still not working. Why the long explanation? Well, it's the reason I haven't blogged much lately and the reason I don't have any photos or video uploaded.

Two weeks ago, we took Davis to Rockport for a beach weekend! He's been to Rockport before, but he was too little to actually go to the beach. This time we were ready, with our sunscreen, our hat, our chairs, our snacks, our water, our toys, and our camera (so much gear for such a short trip). We made sure to go early enough before the heat of the day, so arriving at the beach promptly at 9am we were excited to see we had the pick of any table, chairs, and umbrella. I've never been to the beach early enough to even grab a good spot on the sand. Our lives have changed! Davis absolutely loved the ocean. He would hold onto my hands and walk courageously out towards the open sea, I was so impressed. After dipping his hand in the salt water, he couldn't stop sucking on his hand. First taste of salt, he was a big fan! He also couldn't stop putting the sand in his mouth. Unfortunately, by the time we got the camera out he was upset because Forrest had told him to stop eating the sand. I swear he loved the beach, the pictures just don't prove it. We were home by 10:30am. Fun morning at the beach.

Father's Day weekend was busy busy. Forrest was on call, but we were still able to celebrate plenty. Friday night we spent with my in-laws eating fajitas and enjoying the pool. Saturday was spent preparing for Forrest's favorite meal...steak. I even fried okra, my first time to fry anything! Then Sunday we went to Fredericksburg to hang out with all the Francese's and see Grandpa's war memorial plaque at the Nimitz museum. It was a dad-filled weekend!

Davis will be 11 months this Sunday, June 27th. Time to start planning the first birthday party. I'm excited and sad all at the same time. I forget that a year ago I was huge, hot, and pregnant. But then I look in my closet and realize I have no clothes from last summer and the memories come back quickly. Davis is starting to eat all kinds of things and seems to like most everything I put in front of him, even the veggies. He responds pretty well to "no" although I hate even telling him that. But it's mostly just when he heads for Duke's food bowl. He's crawling, pulling up, and cruising from the couches to the coffee table. I can keep him sectioned off for now in the living room, but I have a feeling the rest of the house is about to be his playroom too. Time to start baby-proofing! Can't I just hire someone to do that for me?

Hopefully we will fix our internet issues soon and I can post pictures and videos!

No comments: