Sunday, June 13, 2010

It's Over, Now What?

Memorial Day was not spent drinking beer in a hammock and grilling burgers, we were swimming, biking, and running. The big-obsessed-with-triathlons-group got together for yet another race. The CapTex is in Austin and is a great course. We swam in town lake (a little chilly, but bearable), then biked down Congress and around the Capital, then jogged across bridges and near 2nd street (I was delirious from the heat by this point so I don't really remember the course). Did I mention why we are all obsessed? It's all about the GEAR!

My sweet friends from SA made the trip to Austin to cheer us on! They helped Forrest out with Davis, huge help!
Davis is clapping! He is my number one fan!
Back at the lake house to relax, celebrate, and of course...talk about the race.

This year, like every year, we raise money for the Mark Felice Childhood Cancer fund. Our goal this year was set at a high $5,000 and WE REACHED OUR GOAL!!! Ann Marie works so hard to organize parties, create t-shirts, and spread the word. I'm so proud of her and I'm looking forward to next year. But next year, I'm hoping for a new bike! See, all about the gear.

No comments: