Thursday, December 17, 2009

Ms. Sandra

We are surviving our first week with the new nanny, Ms. Sandra. It's difficult going back to work because I miss Davis so much, but working from home has made this transition pretty easy. When I get a break, I go peak to see what he's up to and I enjoy listening to him play with Ms. Sandra in the other room. It was a crazy first week, figuring out our schedules, fixing bottles, strollers, and car seats, but it worked out. It's strange to think I've only known Sandra a couple of weeks, but I trust her completely. She is highly qualified, with 15 years of nanny experience and previous work in child development. Davis smiles when she arrives every morning and he seems to be the same, happy, easy-going baby that he has been. I think Davis is true to his style, arriving a week late, he's very laid-back. With someone watching my parenting so closely, it's interesting to get Sandra's take on my style. At first her comments of, "you're so different from other moms" and "I'm so glad you're ok with us leaving the house," had me questioning myself. Am I too laid-back? Should I care about that stuff? Should she not be leaving the house with my precious baby boy? Did he have enough wet diapers today? And now I just realize my personality and parenting style work for both me and Davis. All moms and all babies are different.

All snuggled up and fast asleep after a car ride

Family dinner time. Enjoying sitting on the table while we eat.


1 comment:

Courtney Squillante said...

Look at that big ol' smile! How precious!!!