Thursday, December 10, 2009

4 Month Check-Up

Little man had a doctor appt this morning and everything is great! We are so thankful he is growing and healthy. He weighs 15 pounds!! I love learning so much at his check-ups, but I really hate the immunizations, as I'm sure every mom does. I learned that at 4 months is when babies start forming habits. This is the time to get into a routine (if you haven't already) and try to stop those midnight feedings -- or he might be waking up out of habit, not because he's really hungry. This is also the time to ween him from the pacifier if you want it to be easier. I've decided I would rather him be in love with his pacifier than his thumb, so we are keeping with it. I was also glad to hear that picking him up if he's crying still isn't spoiling him (not yet)! We are allowed to start solid foods like cereal and the yellow/orange vegetables, but I think we will still wait on this. A baby can get all the nutrients he needs from mom for up to a year! We will probably start to introduce Davis to solids at about 6 or 7 months.

1 comment:

Courtney Squillante said...

Precious precious pictures! I can't believe he's already four months!!!