Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Two Hands!

First of all, I need to apologize. I have not been keeping up with my blog as often as I would like. Davis keeps me pretty tied up. If I'm not feeding, burping, rocking, or changing him I usually find myself holding him when he is asleep. The boy is too precious to put down, plus the minute I put him down his eyes usually pop wide open! His nap time is supposed to be my free time -- time to catch up on household things like dishes, laundry and time to check email. Let me refrain, checking email is easy because it only requires one hand, but responding to emails is impossible. I don't enjoy typing with one hand. Today is a first, I have two hands. The Baby Bjorn is to thank!

Davis is 7 weeks old and changing everyday. He's starting to react to sounds, people's expressions, toys, etc. His eyes will focus on you and he loves to hear his noises repeated. I'm in Austin this week, missing Forrest, but really enjoying the company and help from my parents. My parents love having Davis and are eager for me to leave the house so they can watch him. I love it too -- I'm getting more sleep and have more free time to hang out with friends. The best is when my mom comes in to get Davis around 5 or 6am, allowing me to sleep till about 9am. I'm usually a morning person, I can't stand sleeping in past 8am, but this will have to be an exception.

I can't seem to find my camera cord to download pictures, but I promise when I do, I have updates about Davis' first trip to Rockport! He didn't leave the condo, but we still made it a memorable trip!

No comments: