Friday, July 6, 2012

Warriner Family Reunion: The End

Our last day in Tennessee was a short one. Forrest and I split up to do two different activities that we love. He went fishing. And I went swimming. 

While getting to know some of the Warriner's, I discovered two of them are professional/collegian  swimmers! One is training with hopes of making the US Olympic team one day. And she is fast. Super fast, as I quickly discovered while trying to swim with her. One of them has even done a couple triathlons. 

I was invited to join the swimmers Sunday morning for an early morning swim across Pickwick Lake. I borrowed a swim cap and goggles. We aren't sure the exact distance we swam, but we all agreed, I almost doubled the distance because I couldn't swim in a straight line! I was having goggle difficulties (excuses!). I think it took me about 40 minutes. It took one of the girls a mere 24 minutes and she did BUTTERFLY across the lake! 



Goodbye beautiful Tennessee. Goodbye gorgeous Pickwick Lake. Goodbye new friends. I really wish we had one more day to spend in TN. We look forward to the next Warriner family reunion!

No comments: