Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Blog Mail

Wishing you a slightly belated Merry Christmas and Happy 2011!

My apologies to my loyal readers (if there are any), I have been super busy lately. Let me fill you in...I had some time off after Christmas and spent every minute with Davis! Because I work from a computer all day, checking email, blogging, face-booking, etc were out of the question for me that week.

As a side note, if you email me on a weekend, I usually don't get it till Monday. I typically stay away from the keyboard on weekends.

Now back to filling you in...Christmas was a whirlwind of traveling. Luckily, all trips were a quick drive (Austin, Houston, and Seguin) but as you with kids (or dogs) know, even an overnight trip requires thought and lotsa bags! I find myself sacrificing the items I would usually take on a trip for myself (hang up clothes, hair dryer, extra fun pair of shoes) just so that it seems like we are taking less. I will plan to take clothes that don't wrinkle, see if there is a hair dryer at the destination instead (missing my chi shine for the weekend), and try to pack clothes that all match one pair of shoes (this makes me think of my friend Watty, shoe queen, she's probably gasping at the horror, haha). Boring. I know.

But you see, there has to be room for Duke in the backseat and I would prefer not to have dog hair on my hang up clothes. And then there's the normal stroller, the Bob stroller, the pack 'n play, the bag of toys, the food/snack travel bag, the medicine bag (just in case we find ourselves with a sick kiddo), and of course Davis' clothes! Don't forget his big items that might be fun to have...which I won't go into, but these are items like the wagon and Cozy Coup.

The craziness that is our lives didn't stop after the clock struck midnight the last night of 2010 (by the way, we were asleep). IBM (FYI, where I work, ha) has a big event at the end of February to kick off the year with a trip to Vegas. I am responsible for sessions, demos, social media, customer videos, etc. It's a big project and has been consuming 95% of my time. The calendar for this year is starting to fill up, a bit overwhelming, but very exciting. There are weddings and baby showers and hopefully some fun trips in our near future.

While I work on uploading the bazilllliiooon pictures from Christmas, I will leave you with one of the many different Christmas cards we sent out. Here's a tip: Don't buy end of the year Christmas cards. I know they are on sale and you think you are saving money. But really you are just creating a lot of work for yourself.


P.S. I might get better at checking facebook and emails on the weekends because Santa brought me an iPhone!

1 comment:

Courtney Squillante said...

I am a loyal reader still!!! :)